We are really pleased to announce that the Greenhill Pre-School Ofsted Inspection Report for January 2016 has been released, with an overall GOOD result.
The Ofsted Inspection took place on 14th January 2016, and deemed ”The quality and standards of the early years provision” for Greenhill Pre-School for this inspection to be ”Good”.
”Effectiveness of the leadership and management – Good”
”Quality of teaching, learning and assessment – Good”
”Personal development, behaviour and welfare – Good”
”Outcomes for children – Good”
”Summary of key findings for parents
This provision is good
– Highly qualified staff have a good understanding of how children learn. Staff use their qualifications, knowledge and skills well to effectively teach and engage children in learning. Staff plan interesting experiences to meet the needs of all children and they make good progress.
– Staff are positive role models. Relationships between children and staff are strong. Staff are consistent with their expectations of children and use a bell to indicate a change in routine. This helps children to become familiar with what is expected and behaviour is good.
– Children arrive extremely happy and excited to play and learn. Attentive staff are responsive to children’s needs. They carefully listen and offer support when needed.
– The outdoor facilities are good. Children benefit from access to the school grounds where they can learn to climb, balance and be physically active. Children develop a good awareness of keeping themselves safe and can take some supervised risks in their play.
It is not yet outstanding because:
– The current methods used to gather information from parents about children’s learning and development are not fully successful.
– Occasionally, group activities are too long to keep all children engaged and fully hold their concentration.
– Self-evaluation does not always consider the views of parents and staff.”
We hope you will all be as pleased with these results as we are, and if you have any ideas you would like to share with us on any improvements we could make, then please do not hesitate to contact a member of the Pre-School staff.
If you would like to see the full Ofsted report for Greenhill Pre-School January 2016, please click on the below link.